21/01/2011

about sleepless

Recently, after a week of chaotic sleeping schedule due to my flu, I start to lose track of time. wakes up after sunset, fall asleep before sunrise. And I don't like this life...


Last night, I tried lying on bed for an hour, get up, ate a bit, tried to go back to sleep, failed, started to replace my guitar with new strings, crazy long night...and the flow of time is so surreal. Totally alone, because the city is also sleeping. And I listen to Keith Jarrret's "The Melody At Night With You" (good album, strongly recommend )over and over and try to slow down my mind, spinning spinning brain aimlessly searching for answers... Today, I had a long day and went to swing during the night. Fog came back after sunset, make the full moon so dreamy, and cars breathes out beautiful ashes, the night is the stage, my tiredness is the director, turn things into magical form. Love the world under water, the light, the bubble, the floating of human, resisting gravity and become the most astonishing picture.


Now, I feel tired extremely... hope I will wake up tomorrow and get my sleeping schedule fixed.
Good night, and good luck.



9 comments:

Cynthia said...

poor you....is that becoz you havent exhausted your energy at daytime or sth is bugging ur mind? anyway, hope u can restore the normal sleeping hours. :)

Ming Tse Chen said...

Dear Cynthia, thanks for you warm commenting! I think both of them are my reasons, I am bothered and stressed about my unstable future,including wether if I can get a post-study working visa... just can't plan my life without it. And also I did tried to do as much things as possible to help my sleeping, don't know...it might take a while to change my body, easier to change mind than stubborn mr. body.

Ming Tse Chen said...

Dear reader, feel free to comment in any language, try to build a positive feedback here, Thanks for reading my imprecise words and thoughts!

Cynthia said...

i can say 'relax, take it easy' lightly but i also understand that it's always easier said than done.
if i were in ur shoes, i would be equally anxious if not more.

when i am tense and feel hard to sleep, i read a few pages or listen to soothing music. guess everyone has his or her own way of dealing with the sleepless days.

wish you the best luck in the coming year of rabbit, do jump!

Ming Tse Chen said...

to Cynthia,

I jumped today, like a bunny!!! Finally managed to fall asleep at 11pm last night (screaming,ahhhh), and I woke up around 7 today, enjoying a productive morning session. Quite happy about it! My little trick is... Swimming!

Cynthia said...

haha, for me, reading a few pages tax update will do. ;)

Ming Tse Chen said...

AHA! that's handy!! I can't never read before sleep... always get into the book and my brain start to function, that's tragedy... Anyways, I would try tax update next time. :p

Cynthia said...

haha..who knows, maybe you feel excited abt tax updates and the lengthy ordinances...just as my boss who told me to read them as a 'novel'...

Ming Tse Chen said...

Dear Cynthia, you boss is an natural born accountant!!!! That's brilliant! I expect myself having the same passion as he does XDXDXD