07/02/2012

[Relation]




Relation is a modern dance play, it is about how individuals interact with others and the process of building relations. Pretty interesting concept and brave intention trying to tell this story in nonverbal language. This is what I have been working on lately.

Composing music for Relation is a whole new experience to me, cause dancers aren't like short films, which I have more experience to compose music for. Dancers aren't fixed, they breathe and glow according to their body and mental state. So my assignment is to create the right atmosphere for them to live/dance, and they will breathe out the emotions which touches the audience. Instead of acting like the boundaries which limits dances, my music is supporting the structure of the whole dance play and remain space/flexibility for it. Love the process of creating this work with the Taiwanese choreographer-Feng Xi Yen and dancers in Feng Dance, creative energy flows back and forth every time we rehearse.

Look forward to see the show, if you are in Taiwan, come to see us!
If not, check the trailer below at least, and give me some feedback.

Love, Ming

No comments: